Monday, November 15, 2010

Indian Chicken Mango Curry

Ingredients:
2 medium mangoes, peeled and sliced, divided
1 can coconut milk (10 ounce)
4 tsp vegetable oil
4 tsp Spicy Curry Paste
14 ounces Boneless Chicken Breasts - cut into cubes
4 medium Shallots, Sliced
1 large English Cucumber, Seeded and Sliced

Directions:
1. Place half of mango slices into blender with the coconut milk.
2. Blend until smooth and reserve for later.
3. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
4. Stir in curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add chicken and shallot. Cook until chicken is done and shallots are soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Pour in mango puree and cook until heated through.
7. Stir in remaining mango slices and cucumbers and serve.

**I only use enough oil so the chicken won't stick. I used curry powder because I didn't have curry paste and it turned out great! I just added the curry powder to taste. I also added some chili powder to make it a little spicy. For the mango, I used the Filipino mangoes.

No comments: