Saturday, January 3, 2009

Herb Roasted Pork with Sweet Tangy Sauce

Ingredients:
Sauce:
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Water
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Pork:
1 tsp Rubbed or Ground Sage
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1 (5 lbs) boneless pork loin

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
2. Rub all over pork loin and place on uncovered roasting pan.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Roast meat until thermometer reaches 150 degress (about 3 hours).
5. In sauce pan, mix sauce ingredients together.
6. Heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
7. Brush roast with glaze 3 to 4 times during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
8. Pour remaining glaze over roast and serve

**I did not brush the glaze on the roast. I used it as a dipping sauce and it was very good. I also cooked the roast on high at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Afterwards, I wrapped the meat in tin foil and then cooked it at 325 degress until it was done. Then, I let it sit for about 15 minutes before I cut into it.

2 comments:

the boogeyman's wife said...

this one sounds good too, although i think i'd use a pot roast or something cuz i don't like pork roast :)

Healthcare IT Guru said...

I guess you must not have made any good dishes lately as you don't have any new favorite recipe. May be it's time to experiment new cooking recipie